As activity happens within your Online Mooring site, we keep track of any money we've collected on your behalf, and any fees charged to you. After our billing cycle ends, we will send you an invoice if you owe us money, and we will send you a credit memo if we owe you money.
There are two ways that we can generate these invoices/credit memos during each billing cycle:
1) We do a single invoice or credit memo, that will list the money we collected on your behalf, and
any fees we charged to you. The invoice or credit memo that you receive will show a net amount. If the amount we collected exceeds our fees to you, you will get a credit memo. If the amount we charged exceeds the fees we collected on your behalf, you will get an invoice. This is option that we'll use unless you ask us to use option #2.
2) We'll send an invoice and a credit memo. The invoice will show all the fees that Online Mooring is charging to you. The credit memo will show all the money that we collected on your behalf.
Invoice/Credit Memo Contents
The invoices or credit memos are intended to summarize the amount due. So instead of listing each individual transaction that occurred during the month, the invoice displays a count of how many transactions there were for each different amount.
So, if your applicants made 25 separate payments of $50 during the month, you will see a single line in the invoice that will list a quantity of 25 and a per-item cost of $50.
Line items that may appear:
- OM_PROVIDERFEE - This indicates a fee that you charged to the applicant, that we collected on your behalf.
- OM_TAX - This indicates a tax that you charged to the applicant, that we collected on your behalf. You are responsible for paying the tax to the appropriate agency.
- OM_APPLICATIONFEE - This indicates a fee that we charged to you, which was triggered because an application submittal was recorded in the system.
- OM_ADVERTISINGFEE - This indicates a fee that we charged to you, which was triggered because an application submittal was recorded in the system and you have chosen the option to disable advertising on your site.
- OM_CONVENIENCEFEE - This indicates a fee that we charged to you, which was triggered because an applicant paid online.
Positive Amounts vs. Negative Amounts
The meaning of the amounts depends on whether you are looking at an invoice or a credit memo.
Positive amounts on an invoice indicate money you owe to us.
Positive amounts on a credit memo indicate money that we owe to you.
Negative amounts on an invoice indicate money we owe to you.
Negative amounts on a credit memo indicate money that you owe to us.
There are several situations where we will back out charges:
1) You specifically refunded money to an applicant using the "Online" option
2) The payment gateway took the applicant's money back because they disputed the charge on their credit card
3) You deleted an Submitted action in the database during the same month that you created it
These will show on the invoice with the opposite sign as the regular charges.
Here are some examples:
- On a Credit Memo, normal payments will be positive, and refunded payments will be negative. Normal Online Mooring fees will be negative, and refunded Online Mooring fees will be positive.
- On an invoice, normal payments will be negative, and refunded payments will be positive. Normal Online Mooring fees will be positive, and refunded Online Mooring fees will be negative.
How to Get More Details
There is a report called Invoice Detail
that lists all the detailed information that supports an invoice or credit memo.