Online Mooring provides a powerful module that allows you to maximize your revenues, and/or maximize the utilization of harbor resources.
How does Online Mooring optimize space utilization?
Online Mooring provides you with the ability to define rules about how space can be used in your harbor:
- Are there designated areas that are off-limits for berths (shellfish beds, navigation channels, etc.)?
- Are there designated areas for your berths? Are there any limitations on the type of vessels that can be in any of those areas?
- What is the maximum scope that you allow for moorings? And how much overlap do you allow for swing areas?
- What are the minimum water depths within your designated berth areas?
Based on these rules, Online Mooring can recommend a location for a mooring that leaves the most amount of space available for remaining moorings.
How does Online Mooring optimize berth utilitization?
Online Mooring keeps track of your berth utilization and lets you know about your utilization at all times. By managing information about your wait list(s) and through our transient reservation capability, we provide you with the information and bodies you need to fill your empty slots.
How does Online Mooring optimize revenues?
In four ways:
- By making sure that you have as many berths as possible in your harbor (see above)
- By making sure that you are aware of berths that are unoccupied, so that you can assign boaters to those berths (see above)
- By providing you with a stream of transient boaters who are willing to reserve berths that are temporarily or permanently available
- By giving you the tools to let you know the smallest berth, or berths, that can accommodate a particular vessel. If your harbor charges by the foot, this allows you to have the ability to accommodate the largest possible vessels at a later time.